13 Tips to Bring the Positive Energy to Your Condo
13 Tips to Bring the Positive Energy to Your Condo
Each condo is different, but they can all attract positive energy with little tweaks here and there. And that’s true whether you buy an affordable condo for sale in Manila, where the vibe can be both erratic and chaotic, or elsewhere in the country.
The year 2022 is the year of the water tiger, which means that the design philosophy embodies bold, brave, and competitiveness. There is a need to balance the five elements of wood, fire, earth, metal, and, of course, water; usher in good fortune and eliminate bad fortune.
Living in a condo unit where the hustle and bustle could get the best of you, how can you bring positive energy into your condo and your life in general. Remember that bad energy manifests in many ways, and it can even affect your mood and thought processes.
As a disclaimer, fengshui and other such practices must be regarded as a life guide. They are designed to guide and improve an individual’s life. Since they represent positivity, some homeowners welcome the idea of redecorating their space to bring positive energy into their lives. The tips mentioned below aim to enhance the living space, making it more encouraging for the dwellers. As these tips add personality to the space, they also provide balance and harmony. Moving forward, here’s the H-O-W.
1) Incorporate bright colors, specifically blue Colorful lights and crystals are a perfect addition to invite positive energy inside your condo. Aside from fiery reds, imperial yellows, and cerulean blues, you may also use whites and earth tones.
Blue coincides with the water element, so make sure you use this as your space’s accent color. However, please don’t go overboard with incorporating blues because they may lead to coldness. Likewise, don’t put anything blue on the ceiling.
Greens, especially mint green, can be very inviting as well. A combination of blue and green can make your condo feel more peaceful and expansive. The color blue helps with communication, while green helps dwellers to adapt to new situations.
2) Install pleasant sounds Transform your condo into a sensory haven by putting out wind chimes. Small craft bells will do as well. Alternatively, you may play soft music in the morning before starting your day.
3) Include living things Plants and pets are vital life sources that can transform your house into a more encouraging place. More specifically, plants and flowers emit energy and life. Steer clear of thorny plants (or any pointed objects for that matter) such as cactus and rose because they are generally considered bad luck in feng shui. If you cannot avoid putting a rose plant, for instance (if it has a sentimental value to you), place it beside the TV. It can absorb negative energy.
Nonetheless, it is also best to include a wood element because it symbolizes creativity. Anything that disrupts creative pursuits must be removed as well. Bringing positive energy inside your home could mean removing things, not necessarily adding new items.
4) Add rugs or pictures Adorn your floors with colorful rugs or carpets. Hanging pictures is also advisable, though it is best to put sculptures or statues. If you can find a carpet with or a picture of plum blossoms, it is highly advisable to use them. This flower symbolizes perseverance and hope. Plus, it can also invite positive energy inside your condo unit. This is more so if you’re going to display fresh plum blossoms inside your condo. If you can’t find the fresh variety, opt for the artwork instead. Do not use fake flowers since they evoke artificiality, thus, negating the positive chi inside your condo.
5) Pick pleasant fragrances Layer the smell by choosing pleasant fragrances. These do not overpower the elements in the space. Yes, incense and essential oils are helpful for this purpose. Plum blossom is considered the lucky flower of the year so consider buying a perfume of this fragrance to repel the negative energy while optimizing energy flow in your life.
6) Install a mini water fountain Adding a water element inside your condo inspires you to make things happen and do something better than they would before. This also appeals to the emotion towards a more positive and healthier display of emotional responses. Water encourages creative new beginnings while also strengthening familial bonds and relationships. So, install a fountain or an aquarium to let chi flow freely.
If opting for an aquarium, there are two things to remember. First, the number of fish inside the aquarium should be an odd number. Second, always clean the aquarium to make the fish happy. This attracts positive energy, luck, and money, especially with koi or goldfish. Feed the fish regularly and on time. The aquarium should stay in the living room, not the bedroom or the kitchen.
If installing a fountain is not possible, an alternative is placing art pieces such as a painting of beach, lake, ocean, river, or any body of water around the condo unit. This helps honor the water element. When placing a painting inside the room, though, make sure that it doesn’t obstruct the view of the entire room when you are standing at the door. In addition, the painting should flow harmoniously with other elements inside the room.
7) Tackle messy surfaces Constant decluttering of your space is essential this year to eliminate bad fortune. Decluttering is actually the simplest step in creating a home where positive energy is abundant. Get rid of any mess, especially in the corners of your condo unit. Most importantly, remove broken items and dead plants. The latter is said to stagnate chi which also means stagnating your progress in life.
8) Allow sunshine to get in Clean dusty windows. Tidy up the curtains to let the sunshine flow inside your condo. Good thing our condos in Manila are designed with sustainable features, a fundamental aspect of inviting the natural light in.
Choose red, yellow, or orange-colored curtains or drapes if using a curtain.
9) Fix water leaks and other structural issues A water leak is considered unlucky this year so fix them immediately. A leaky faucet, for instance, indicates loss of fortune, letting money drift away from you. The same goes with keeping the toilet seat open, which represents flushing away fortune.
Further, if there are broken pipes, they should be fixed or replaced immediately. The same goes for faulty light bulbs that must be replaced at once. Likewise, if any exposed nails are on your walls, address them as soon as you can because they attract negative energy faster than you thought. Caulk holes, if there are any.
10) Amplify attractive views If the window opens to a garden where you may bask in the view of the natural landscape below, such as the pocket garden, then keep it open during the day. Alternatively, you may place a mirror but make sure it reflects something beautiful such as a family picture or anything that makes you happy. Such a reflection amplifies the positive energy inside your condo unit. 11) Remove hindrances Anything that restricts movement inside the condo must be removed. Remove any restrictions in the most important part of your condo: the main entrance. This is where most chi enters the house. If it is dirty or cluttered, the flow of chi is going outside. Declutter the entryway regularly. To emanate positive energy in the front door, remove dirt—this is considered a bad luck magnet. Also, dirt passes through the door and even stays near it when shoes and umbrellas, for example, are left nearby. When dirt stays in these areas for extended periods, it transforms into negative energy. Dirty entryways and doors are not only unsightly, but they can also make the dwellers emotionally restless. Such restlessness builds with time and eventually manifests itself by lashing out at other people.
Steer clear of any obstructions. If the blockage is immovable, counter the negative energy by putting plants with rounded leaves or hanging fabrics. The point is to soften the energy flow if there are any blockages.
12) Arrange the furniture auspiciously Furniture pieces obstructing the view must be moved to the walls or corners. For example, if the sofa or armchair’s back faces the door, you also need to rearrange, so the back aligns with the wall.
13) Maintain the garden If you have a mini garden on the balcony of your condo, prioritize its upkeep. Water the plants regularly to avoid wilting, which is considered bad luck. Generally, the garden symbolizes the health and wellbeing of the dwellers and you and your family’s future. So always keep it clean.
Make the condo unit as clean, bright, and naturally flowing as possible. Make sure everything is functioning to welcome the positive chi of the water tiger. Let there be a sense of space. But don’t let water overflow, which happens when you incorporate too much of something. Remember that water reaches a maximal level, and when it does, it will destroy everything on its path. So again, strive for balance.